Tuesday 25 June 2013

Doing the happy dance.....


Every year, about this time, I bemoan my lack of backbone in knuckling down to complete the annual accounts so that we can submit our tax returns.

I habitually bang on, and on, and on, and on about how much I dislike it, all the strategies I employ in order to avoid it, my rampant dyscalculia and post pictures of the drifts of paperwork which litter the desk and floor during the process.

But this year is different.

They're done and dusted.  

Not much wailing and gnashing of teeth. 
Hardly any no melodramatic throwing myself across the desk, sobbing in despair. 
Just a teeny bit of no flouncing out of the room in a massive strop with myself for being so pants with numbers.

So there.

If you feel deprived of the experience of a grown woman breaking down in tears you can enter 'tax' in the search box on the right you'll come across loads of past posts documenting my stellar failures year on year.

Honestly, I don't know what I used to make such a fuss about.

So to fill the void left from the absence of all of the above, and because I take absolutely no delight in robbing loyal blog readers of an opportunity to titter at my misfortune, here's a neat illustration of schadenfreude.....









No comments: