Saturday 12 July 2014

Where Bloggers Create - July 2014

I can hardly believe it's a whole year since I gave my workroom a much needed complete makeover.  Those hard-working three weeks last last summer are seared into my memory, but if you'd like to take a trip down memory lane HERE is what it looked like before and during the process.

It was finally finished and ready to be unveiled on 17 July last year, and I posted the results just a few days late for the Where Bloggers Create party..... you can see the completed makeover HERE!

I can still remember the mixed feelings of exhaustion and elation and since then, there hasn't been a single working day when my spirits haven't lifted when I walked into our lovely new workroom.

Over the past year there haven't been any major changes, but I've gradually added to and re-organised the storage, and have been able to display more of my little treasures.

So here's a quick guided tour.....




Wall and base unit, IKEA boxes and two bookcases combine to make one wall of  storage



Inside the wall unit, plastic boxes all neatly labelled.



Plain box files decorated with shabby chic papers


An open-fronted unit contains labelled boxes to store all of my ribbons, trimmings, fabrics, toy components etc.






A place for everything and everything in its place...... mostly!


More base units and worktop space, plus a collection of IKEA storage boxes decorated with pretty papers.



Power tool area - mini drill, circular saw and jigsaw




My miniature day nursery room setting, filled with my tiny doll's dolls and toys!


A display of tiny working toys


In the centre of the room a huge worktable and yet more storage cabinets....


Between the two windows, above the worktable, 
a display shelf for newly completed miniature toys


My current project, a work in progress.
La Mignonette - a French-style shop of dolls


Upstairs houses Madememoiselle Emilie's dollmaking workroom, 
along with her 'helpers' Small Dog and Archimedes


On the ground floor is the shop, filled with all manner of doll-related delights.
You can read about the making of La Mignonette HERE.


There isn't much free wall space, but where there is I've used it to display more of my treasured miniature toys and favourite prints.....




The front cover of The Doll's House Magazine, which featured my day nursery


My work space, complete with comfy chair and essential magnifying lamp!

I hope you've enjoyed this whistle stop tour of my creative workspace.  I just LOVE it!

3 comments:

AM Minnaard said...

Hi Sandra, I hope your doing well after your little accident!?
Luv your workspace, mine looks like a disaster area. I was looking everywhere for those wooden storage boxes/units... IKEA! Thnx for the tip. Wishing you a great weekend.
Hugs AM

Debbie said...

Looks wonderful Sandra. Beautiful space to create in. So neat and tidy, wonder how long it will stay like that. ;)

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks for the lovely comments :)

The IKEA boxes are from the MOPPE range and come in three different sizes/configurations. Perfect for bits and bobs!

Debbie, it was long overdue a thorough clean, tidy and re-organisation. Trust me, it won't stay like that for long ;)

Sx