Thursday 31 December 2015

Goodbye 2015.....

So.... Storm Frank finally rolled through St. Leonards on Sea in the early hours of this morning.  I was wakened to the wind literally roaring round the house and in my sleep-befuddled state thought that the roof was being ripped from its moorings.

Finally back asleep I dreamt that I was living in a house from my childhood, and that a huge storm peeled back the flat roof like the lid on a tin of sardines, and water was pouring into my bedroom.

This is all rather descriptive of how the tail end of this year has felt.  The past three months have been a struggle, right across the board, and I've sometimes felt as though I've been hanging on by my fingernails, buffeted by outside forces over which I've had no control.

As the saying goes, into every life a little rain must fall.  I have no problem with a 'little' rain. It's when it's a constant, torrential monsoon that I get a bit miffed.

So here's hoping that 2016 will be a more generous year.... with a lot more sunshine and a lot less rain.


No comments: